This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
We are a sucker for crafts that open up conversations in preschool aged children and lead to discovery. That’s why we love this fun craft that you can use to teach about growing, nurturing and mother nature! It won’t take much time and effort, but we guarantee that your child will love it as much as the recipient!
- Potting Soil
- Seeds (we chose some fun and colorful daisies!)
- Yarn or ribbon
- Small pot (or cup if being budget-friendly)
- Paper for tags
Have children fill their cup halfway with soil, then sprinkle in seeds.
Fill with another inch or so of soil, and lightly pack down.
Make a fun tag using different colors of construction paper, or scrapbook paper, and have child glue it together.
Tie the tag using ribbon or yarn around the cup, and water the plant.
Voila! You’re done!
- “What does a plant need to grow?”
- “What does your Mommy (or Grandma, etc) do for you that makes you grow big?”
- “How can you help this seed grow big?”
- “How can you help your Mommy out, since she helps you grow big?”
Photo Credits: The Memoirs of Megan