This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
One of the great things about coloring your own hair with at-home coloring systems is that some of those systems offer a root touch-up system. We all know that after a few weeks your roots start peeking through, but instead of having to color your hair again, you should try to just touch-up the roots. Clairol has multiple products for this task, but some people need a few more Clairol root touch-up instructions besides what they read on the box.
Going to a salon is expensive and sometimes you just look at your reflection while sitting in the big fancy chair at the salon and wonder, is this the price of beauty?
If the price of the salon is weighing on you, maybe it is time for at-home color and root touch-up. Clairol Root Touch-Up instructions make it easy!
Read More: ALL ABOUT SPRAY TANNING FOR BEGINNERS
5 Tips For Following Clairol Root Touch-Up Instructions For Optimal Results
Tip #1: Research The Right Clairol Root Touch-Up Product For You
Your Clairol Root Touch-Up Instructions will depend on which product you choose. There are currently 4 Clairol Root Touch-Up Products.
- Permanent Root Touch-Up: Permanent color that seamlessly blends with leading shades, even salon color for 100% gray coverage.
- Temporary Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder: Temporary root coverage that blends with your existing hair color. Precisely cover grays on the go in less than 10 seconds!
- Root Touch-Up Semi-Permanent Color Blending Gel: This easy-to-use, no-mix gel formula comes ready to apply with its built-in applicator brush. Each application of the reusable formula conceals grays for 10+ washes. It’s ammonia-free, peroxide-free, and worry-free hair color.
- Root Touch-Up Temporary Color Refreshing Spray: This is Clairol’s newest root touch-up product. Spray away grays in seconds! Root Touch-Up Color Refreshing Spray extends the life of your color. It is natural-looking, water-resistant gray coverage that lasts until your next shampoo. This product makes Clairol root touch-up instructions very easy!
Tip #2: Take The Time To Find The Right Shade
When determining the best root touch-up shade to match your current color, you should do your homework. Clairol’s Nice ‘n Easy hair color has a matching shade on the side of their box. This matching panel shows you what hair colors the shade works with. It covers other at-home hair color brands and even works with salon color! Clairol’s Color Director, James Corbett, recommends Clairol’s Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-up to his salon clientele and they find it easy to use, especially when traveling for a long period of time. Here are some steps to finding the perfect root touch-up shade:
- Make sure to remember or write down the Clairol Nice ‘n Easy hair color number you previously used and match to a root touch-up shade.
- The matching chart is on the side of the Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-up box.
- Once you’ve matched the color to the best touch-up shade, you’re ready to go!
Whatever you do, do not rush through this part of the process. It is very important you pick the correct shade, especially if you are using the permanent root touch-up product.
Tip #3: Prep Properly
Whenever you’re coloring your hair with an at-home coloring system, it’s important to do a bit of prep beforehand to ensure the coloring process goes smoothly. Check out some of the prep steps below:
- Detangle your hair with a detangling brush to ensure your hair is ready to be parted.
- Cover yourself with an old towel or cape across your shoulders and around your neck.
- Determine where your regrowth starts and stops.
- Use a tail comb to carefully divide your hair into sections. This allows you to work with clean sections, which in turn helps you to avoid patches or missed spots.
Prepping properly ensures that your Clairol Root Touch-Up instructions can be followed correctly while in the actual process of coloring your roots.
If you selected the Root Touch-Up Temporary Color Refreshing Spray, Root Touch-Up Semi-Permanent Color Blending Gel, or Temporary Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder from Tip #1, you can skip #4!
In fact, look how easy the Clairol Root Touch Up Instructions for the Concealing Powder is!
Tip #4: Mix the Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-up Color Properly
Some may feel that mixing the root touch-up color is pretty simple, but it’s important to follow the Clairol Root Touch-Up instructions below to ensure the color is mixed well and that the two components are completely blended.
- Put on the expert colorist gloves that were provided with your Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-up system.
- Place the mixing tray on a flat and stable surface to ensure that it won’t tip over when you mix the color.
- Unscrew the cap of the permanent hair color crème. (Note: Conduct a skin allergy test 24 hours before applying color to your hair to ensure that you are not going to have a reaction.)
- Empty contents into the mixing tray and empty the contents of the color activating lotion bottle into the mixing tray.
- Use the provided brush to thoroughly mix contents and make sure they are completely blended.
Tip #5: Follow 5 Steps Below For Applying Color
When coloring your hair, whether an all-over color or when touching up your roots, there are a few steps to follow to ensure your hair is colored to the best of your ability. It’s a slightly more complicated process when coloring your roots versus your entire head of hair. Here are some steps:
- Using the expert control brush, apply the color at the hairline of the sections into which you divided your hair.
- Apply the color around the face, part, and at the temples.
- Make sure that you saturate your visible roots with the color.
- Use a baby wipe or wet washcloth to remove excess color on your forehead or temple areas.
- Once you’ve touched up the exposed roots, let the color sit for 10 minutes. (Note: If you have stubborn grays, it may be best to leave the color in for 15 minutes.)
And here is a quick visual that may help clarify things!
Read More: AT HOME TEETH STRAIGHTENING WITH BYTE
Once the color has been applied and set for the appropriate time, the finishing touches are the easiest steps.
- Once the color has been in your hair for the recommended time, rinse out the color until the water runs clear.
- Style as usual and rock your hair that flows from roots to tips.
Read More: 10 FOOLPROOF SECRETS TO PERFECT HAIR DAYS
Benefits Of Using Clairol’s Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-Up Coloring Systems
- Root Touch-Up by Nice ‘n Easy covers up grays and root re-growth in only 10 minutes.
- Color lasts for 3 weeks and is specifically formulated to be applied in between colorings.
- The precision brush allows for easy application.
- Easy-to-follow instructions.
- Available in 21 shades formulated to match any color hair – even salon color!
- Refreshed color can go a long way and make you feel great.
WANT TO READ MORE?
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @BestProductsClub