Are you looking for an easy craft to either keep and cherish, or gift to grandparents? This simple project is fun, so involving your kids is possible and encouraged!
There are a ton of options out there today for creative ways to use your instagram photos. (Did you see our photo cube Christmas ornament?) Our favorite thing about instagram is the fact that you accumulate hundreds of photos before you know it. But, do you ever utilize those photos anywhere? No? Well here's a fun activity that can be done for just a few dollars as often as you'd like once the materials are all purchased.
Grab your kiddos, and print off some of your favorite instagram photos together so they are 4" by 4". Ceramic tiles can be purchased from your hardware store for less than a dollar a piece. Nothing is cuter than seeing your favorite photos displayed creatively and artistically around your home for all to see and enjoy!
- Wet your foam brush and wring it out before dipping it into the mod podge.
- Apply a thin, even layer of mod podge to the ceramic tile to adhere the photo to.
- Once the photo is stuck down, apply a thick layer of mod podge over top the image. (Note: The more you spread the mod podge with the brush, the more your ink colors will wipe off, and won't appear as vibrant. Do one thick layer and wait 15 minutes before brushing on top of it any more or applying more mod podge.)
- Use the decoupage tool to smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles that appear. (Note: Using regular paper will result in more chance of wrinkles and air bubbles. Using cardstock or photo paper will decrease this chance.)
- Leave your coasters on wax paper to dry for at least 24 hours. The mod podge will "cure" after four weeks, meaning it is water resistant. If you don't want to wait four weeks, you can speed up the cure time by placing your fully dried coaster in the oven on 225 for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the rubber pads on the bottom of your coaster, and enjoy!
Photo Credits: The Memoirs of Megan