Add a little personalization to your Christmas tree this year with this easy-to-make, festive photo ornament! You can use Instagram photos, family photos, or make one featuring each of your children! This ornament is also a great, affordable gift option for those family members who seem to have everything.
- 1 foam craft cube
(we used a 3″ x 3″ cube)
- 6 square photos printed out the same size as the sides of the cube, or cut down to fit
(Instagram photos are perfect for this!)
(we recommend Tacky craft glue)
- 1 jewelry screw eye
(like these to hang the ornament)
- Festive ribbon
- Optional: glitter for the edges
Assembling Your Ornament:
- Glue your photos to the sides of the foam cube. Our cube had slightly rounded corners, so we rounded our photos a little to fit better.
- If you want to add a little bit of pizzazz to your ornament, coat the edges one at a time in glue and then dip in a pile of glitter.
- Wait for your ornament to dry.
- Once dry, screw your jewelry screw eye into one corner of the cube – whatever corner you would like your ornament to hang from. It’s a good idea to apply a little bit of glue (we used our trusty hot glue gun) before screwing it in so that it has a nice, long-lasting, secure grip.
- Lace a thin piece of ribbon through the screw eye and tie into a loop. You can then take some thicker, festive ribbon and tie a big, pretty bow at the base of the loop.
- Hang your ornament up and enjoy or give it as a gift!
The great thing about this ornament is that it is extremely affordable to make (we spent about $6 at a local craft store) and the foam block makes it light enough to hang anywhere.
Check out Daily Mom’s Guide to Christmas
for more holiday articles and gift guides!
Photo Credit: Dreams To Do