As winter drags on and on, are you getting tired of heavy winter stews and hearty, meat and potato dishes? Are you having trouble finding fresh, zesty dinner ideas that just scream "Spring?" We have the perfect shrimp and chicken paella recipe that your whole family will love. The best part is it can be achieved from start to finish in under an hour!
What You'll Need
3/4 lb chicken, cubed
3/4 lb shrimp
2 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1. 5 cups of rice (jasmine)
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t brown turmeric
1 dash of cayenne pepper
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
3 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of frozen green peas/ corn
- In a heavy 12 inch sauté pan, heat 1T of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 mins until both sides are just pink. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 T of olive oil and cubed chicken. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add onion. Stir frequently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and rice for 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, brown turmeric, canned tomatoes, chicken broth and corn and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until almost all liquid is absorbed - about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cooked shrimp.
- Cover and cook for a remaining 5 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy!
Photo credit: With A Red Bird On My Sholder