This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
With so many convertible car seats on the market today, your options might seem overwhelming to say the least. If safety, quality and a stylish design are on the top of your priority list, Peg Perego’s Primo Viaggio is the car seat for you.
About the Brand
Giuseppe Perego wanted to create something special for his newborn son, Lucio (the current president of the Peg Perego company). In 1949, he designed a one-of-a-kind baby carriage, made from rubberized materials instead of the sheet metal and wicker that was common at the time. What made this Italian carriage truly unique, however, was the fact that it was the very first convertible travel system – with the ability to convert from a carriage to a stroller.
By the ’60s, there were a variety of Peg Perego products on the market, from a handful of different carriages, an adjustable high chair that could also be used in the car and what was then known as the safest child seat in the world. In the ’70s, Peg Perego introduced the first umbrella stroller and the still widely popular ride-on cars. Decade after decade, Peg Perego has continued to design and produce the highest quality baby and child products and gear on the market.
Grows With Your Child
Designed after the original Primo Viaggio infant car seat, the Primo Viaggio convertible car seat is made to protect your child from infancy through toddlerhood.
With the same safety features, quality materials and stylish design, this convertible car seat will be the only seat you’ll need until your child is ready for a booster seat.
Impeccable Safety Features
The Primo Viaggio convertible car seat, as well as every other Peg Perego product, is designed and manufactured in Italy with the utmost concern for impeccable safety and quality in every detail.
Side Impact Protection, SAFE & EPS FOAM
- SIP (Side Impact Protection) in the Primo Viaggio protects your child’s head, neck and spine; and can be easily adjusted to 10 different positions – even when your child is in the seat – to ensure the best and most comfortable fit possible.
- SAFE (Shock Absorbing Foam Element) is located below the shell and is made to crumble upon impact in the event of a crash to reduce stress on your child’s neck and shoulders.
- EPS (Expanded Poly Styrene) is an energy-absorbing foam located in the shell and head panel of the Primo Viaggio to protect your child’s head and torso from impact forces in the event of a crash.
QUICK RELEASE 5 POINT HARNESS
- 5-point harness made with an ultra-thick “cobblestone” webbing of polyester thread.
- Complete with a check clip and shoulder pads for optimal comfort and safety.
CONTOURED BASE & STEEL BACK PLATE
- The slick contoured base provides extra stability when the car seat is in any position.
- The contoured steel back plate minimizes flexing while reducing forward movement.
FRESCO PERFORMANCE JERSEY & PADDED SEATING
- Extra-wide padded seat, including a specially designed removable insert pad for infants that can be used up to 22 lbs.
- Head panel and removable cushion made with Fresco Performance Jersey material – a breathable, easy to clean fabric that absorbs moisture – making it super comfortable for your little one.
LATCH System & Top Tether Hook
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) restraints connect to your vehicle’s anchors to provide extra stability in both rear and forward-facing positions.
- Top tether hook connects to your vehicle for increased stability and decreased forward movement while the car seat is in the forward-facing position.
Uncompromised Design and Style
With its sleek, contoured body and plush, padded cushions, Peg Perego’s Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat will look great in any vehicle. Choose from 10 different color schemes to truly compliment your style.
Features to Love
Love the Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat As Much As We Do?
EXPLORE AND CONNECT
Be Sure To Check Out Some Other Car Seats We Love:
Photo Credit: Marley Layne’s Closet