Did you recently upgrade your point and shoot camera to a Digital SLR? Or have you been using a DSLR for a while now, but only in auto mode? Either way, using a DSLR camera can be quite overwhelming, especially with so many buttons, functions and menu screens. If you’re here to learn a little more about how to use your camera and take better photos, then you’re in the right place. The links below will take you step-by-step into the world of digital photography.
- CANON users: Getting to Know Your CANON Camera: DSLR Buttons
- Nikon users: Getting to Know Your NIKON Camera: DSLR Buttons
- Step 1: Aperture Basics
- Step 2: Shutter Speed Basics
- Step 3: ISO Basics
- Step 4: White Balance 101
- Step 5: Focusing and Focal Points
- Step 6: Understanding Your Light Meter
- How To: Shooting in Manual: Step-by-Step
Once you’ve worked through the basics of photography, it’s time to go a little deeper. Here are some of our very best tutorials as it relates to photography.
- 5 Tips for Photographing Your Newborn Baby
- 7 Tips for Photographing Your Infant
- Capturing a Year of Baby’s First Moments
- 10 Tips and Tricks for Photographing Your Toddler
- 10 Tips for Photographing Small Children
- Photographing Kids in Motion
- 10 Tips for Photographing Kids Sports
- How to: Take Photos of Your Children in Full Sun
- How to: Photograph Your Child’s Birthday Party
- How to: Take Great Family Vacation Photos
Lessons in Lighting and Composition:
- Making the Most of Indoor Lighting
- Back Button Focusing
- 10 Tips for Photographing Landscapes
- Portrait Photography Basics
- 7 Basic Photography Rules
Be sure to bookmark this page as a reference point. As we continue to write photography tutorials, we will add them back to this page as a photography resource to you.
For more photography lessons, be sure to check out our CAPTURE category.