This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
In times of uncertainty and stress, tensions run high. This tension is expressed through sleeplessness, depression, anger, resentment, and a slew of other negative emotions. Many followers of religion throughout the world, including Christians, are leaning on their faith to give them the strength to take this global pandemic one day at a time. Bible verses about fear and anxiety become so common in some of these Christian households they could be considered mantras.
If you are in need of Bible verses about fear or anxiety to get you through these days of social distancing and isolation, oftentimes it’s hard to know where to start. It’s a pretty long book, after all. Daily Mom has compiled a list of the 20 most comforting bible verses about fear to help you not only get through each day but come to the end of the day feeling like you are not alone.
20 Bible Verses About Fear And Anxiety
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
- Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
- Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
- Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.
- Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
- Psalm 112:7 They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
- Hebrews 13:6 So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
- Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Isaiah 35:4 Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.”
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Isaiah 43:1-3 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
- Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
- Romans 8: 38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
Read More: Easy Prayers For Children To Learn
For some, it may feel like the world is ending. Those who are high-risk for infection or whose family members are high-risk fear not only for their own safety but for the safety of their loved ones. For some families, income has screeched to a halt and jobs have ceased to exist, and the question of where their next meal is coming from may or may not have an answer.
The world is in a place of transition, and each time this cloud has fallen on the world, reality blinds us to the fact that no matter how heavy or strong a storm seems, it always has an end. These Bible verses about fear and anxiety may seem trivial to some during this time, but planting the seed of hope in the darkness of night gives way to a bright morning filled with the hope of the future.
WANT TO READ MORE?
Check out this article on how to Relax, Rejuvenate, And Revive With Akasha Meditation.
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @BestProductsClub