This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
Mother’s Day is such a special day. Whether you spend the day celebrating your Mama or celebrating your own motherhood journey, here are some uplifting and inspiring Mother’s Day bible verses to read and to share with the other mamas in your life who could use some encouragement!
Inspiring Mother’s Day Bible Verses
These Mother’s Day bible verses and scriptures below can be written down in a journal, on a post-it note, or doodled creatively down the margin of your bible. Put them somewhere you will be able to see them daily, to remind yourself that You are Loved, You are Enough, and You are Appreciated.
Writing scripture down helps us keep God’s word tucked in our hearts and mind, and it helps us to take a closer look at the details in his word. We all know that as a busy mama it is so hard to find time for ourselves, much less a quiet moment! Committing to writing down at least one verse a day, during the kid’s nap time, or after they lay down for the night, allows us to spend a moment with God and also helps us to remember and keep his word in our hearts.
Bible Verses for Every Stage of Motherhood
For the Tired Mama
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
- But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. Psalm 3:3
For the Worried/Anxious Mama
- When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3
- Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
- He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children, it will be a refuge. Proverbs 14:26
- Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
For the Grieving Mama
- You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
- In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
For the Thankful Mama
- I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life, he will be given over to the Lord. 1 Samuel 1:27-28
- Her children arise up and call her blessed. Proverbs 31:28
- Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:31
- Children are God’s love-gift; they are heaven’s generous reward. Psalm 127:3
- Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. Psalms 127:3-5
For the Overwhelmed Mama
- She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. ‘Honor your father and mother’—which is the first commandment with a promise — ‘so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth. Ephesians 6:1-3
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
- But we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children. 1 Thessalonians 2:7
- Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8
Let these Mother’s Day Bible verses speak comfort and encouragement to you. As a mama, it is so so important to have God’s word in ourselves so that we can speak it into our children’s lives. When they see you in the word and speaking the word, they will see how important it is. Take comfort in his word which tells us that even when our children are old they will not part from all that we have taught them!
WANT TO READ MORE?