Getting to dress your kids in ridiculous, over-the-top costumes for Halloween is one of the many perks of parenthood. And when you have one kid, you can pretty much choose any Halloween costume you want — and it’s totally adorable.
But once you have two kids (or three, or four… or more!), sibling Halloween costumes get a little trickier. What if you want to coordinate outfits? What are some fun and unique ideas for multiple kids? And how do you pull off sibling Halloween costumes without breaking the bank?
If you’re looking for inspiration, you’ve come to the right place! Here are 100+ creative sibling Halloween costumes for your crew — mom and dad included!
Sibling Halloween Costumes for Two Kids
Dressing two kids in sibling Halloween costumes is fun because there are so many “pairs” in popular culture. Whether you have girls or boys (or one of each!), twins, two toddlers, or kids several years apart, there are lots of options of costumes for two. Dress your pair as one of these dynamic duos!
- Peter Pan and Wendy Darling
- Orville and Wilbur Wright (swap in Amelia Earhart for a female aviation icon!)
- Popeye and Olive Oyl
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse (pick red, white and black outfits, Mickey/Minnie ears, and you’re set!)
- Bert and Ernie (think striped turtlenecks and heavy, drawn-on eyebrows!)
- Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy
- Sonny and Cher
- Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat
- Elephant and Piggie
- Trixie and Knuffle Bunny (this would be a-dor-able with a baby dressed in a Knuffle costume!)
- The Pigeon and the Duckling
- Horton the Elephant + a Who (or two!)
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Big, Bad Wolf (bring “Grandmother” trick-or-treating for extra credit!)
- Mouse and the little boy (or a cookie!) from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (you can hand out cookies to the neighbors!)
- James and the Giant Peach
- Frog and Toad
- Sherlock Holmes and Watson (go old-school with a cape and an oversized magnifying glass!)
- Lucy and Desi (or Ethel for two girls)
- Laverne and Shirley (raid Grandma’s closet for inspiration!)
- Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute from The Office (suits, ties, calculator watches… the possibilities are endless!)
- Wayne and Garth (mullets are a must)
- Andy Taylor and Barney Fife (have Mom dress up as Aunt Bea!)
From the Movies
- Sandy and Danny from Grease (poodle skirts and bomber jackets!)
- Batman and Robin (Old Navy sells t-shirts and PJs that you could reuse!)
- Superman and Clark Kent
- E.T. and Elliot (raid the 80’s clothes your mom saved!)
- Beauty and The Beast
- Nemo and Dory
- Shrek and Fiona (add Donkey for three kids)
- Cowgirl and cowboy
- Magician and a rabbit
- Peanut butter and jelly (put those old Amazon boxes to good use!)
- Mustard and ketchup (see note above — simply build a frame and spray paint)
- Milk and a cookie
- Jack and Jill (don’t put those beach buckets away just yet!)
- Chicken and egg
- Two dice (or dominoes)
- Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton (use caricature masks if you’d like)
- Obama and Biden (or Barack and Michelle!)
- George Washington and a cherry tree (a pretend axe is a must!)
- John Kennedy and Jackie O. (pearls, a wig, hat and dress for Mrs. Kennedy)
Sibling Halloween Costumes for Three Kids
Dressing three kids in sibling Halloween costumes is a little trickier than two — but it can be done! Think classic nursery rhymes and fairy tales, children’s books, and historical trios.
- The three witches from Macbeth (go classic “witch” or more fairy-like if your kids prefer)
- The Three Musketeers
- The Three Amigos (what’s cuter than little kids in giant mariachi hats?)
- The Three Wise Men (or, if you just had your fourth child: the three wise men + baby Jesus!)
- Cleopatra, Julius Caesar and Mark Antony (think togas and gladiator sandals!)
- The Marx Brothers (get your Groucho glasses here)
- Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
- The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear
- The Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, and Thing 2 (a super-cute idea for a parent and twins!)
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet (just add Owl, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit and/or Christopher Robin for more kids!)
- The Chipmunks: Alvin, Simon and Theodore
- Three’s Company (Goodwill is full of fun ’70s attire!)
- The Bee Gees (see note above)
- Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo (add Darth Vader if you have four!)
- Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach
Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales
- Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather (the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty)
- The Three Little Pigs
- Three blind mice
- The Three Little Kittens
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Three peas in a pod (a fun one for a pregnant mom!)
- A stop sign: red, yellow and blue
- A trio of jazz musicians
- Rock, paper, and scissors (this is as simple as putting kids in solid sweats/leggings and taping the words “rock,” “paper” and “scissors” on them!)
READ MORE: 9 Halloween Safety Tricks For A Ghostly Year
Sibling Halloween Costumes for Four Kids — and More!
Four kids is actually easier than three — you get into “group” territory, so there are lots of options for sibling Halloween costumes!
Points for Creativity
- Gilligan’s Island (Choose from: Gilligan, The Captain, Mary Ann, Ginger, Thurston Howell III and his wife, Eunice)
- Mt. Rushmore (Use Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt and Lincoln masks, stone-grey clothes)
- The Founding Fathers (Easier than you’d think: wigs, knickers and button-up shirts!)
- The Little Rascals
- A S’more (two graham crackers, a chocolate bar and a marshmallow)
- Nesting dolls (great for a group of girl siblings and mom: everyone dresses in the same outfits, with head scarves and face paint)
- The four seasons (raid the craft store for seasonal garland, fabrics and decor!)
- Characters from Toy Story/Frozen/any Disney movie
- The Flintstone family
- The Jetsons
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Scooby Doo and his crew
- The Power Rangers
- Characters from the Justice League
- The Spice Girls/Backstreet Boys
Based on Books
- A group of Wild Things
- Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
- Mo Willems’ Goldilocks and the 3 Dinosaurs
- American Girls (original or new!)
- The Lost Boys from Peter Pan
- Alice in Wonderland (Alice, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit)
- Charlotte’s Web (Charlotte, Wilbur, Templeton, Fern and/or Avery)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie, Willy Wonka, Oompa Loompas)
- The Wizard of Oz (besides the main four; witches, flying monkeys and munchkins, there are lots of choices!)
- Richard Scary’s Busy, Busy Town (Ma Pig, Pa Pig, Lowly Worm, Officer Flossy, Sgt. Murphy, Bananas Gorilla, etc.)
- Disney princesses
- A sports team (any sport, your favorite team!)
- A bouquet of flowers
- A pack of M&M’s
- A zoo or farm (different animal costumes — mom or dad can be the zookeeper/farmer)
- A pack of crayons
- Santa and his elves
- A barrel of monkeys (a fun idea if Mom is pregnant — she can be the barrel!)
- The Village People (Melissa and Doug make fire fighter, construction worker and police officer costumes!)
There you have it — 100 unique sibling Halloween costumes! Plus, endless possibilities for mixing and matching, improvising, and customizing to suit your own family.
Costumes Aren’t Just for Kids!
Feel free to utilize these ideas to suit your own family, regardless of size. For example, if you have three kids but love The Wizard of Oz, by all means, go for it! Think: three munchkins, three flying monkeys or Dorothy plus the Scarecrow and Tin Man. Almost all of these ideas could be appropriated by any-sized family — and Mom and Dad can join in the fun by dressing up, too!
Use Kid-Friendly Makeup
We all have memories of Mom drawing on our faces with thick, smelly face paint. Well, not only is that inexpensive makeup hard to remove, but many brands have been found to contain lead and other toxic ingredients.
Not to worry; you can still achieve your desired look with one of these non-toxic, kid-safe products:
- This Face Paint Kit by Beetastic contains 8 bright colors, plus applicators and sponges, so if you’re looking to only purchase one makeup kit, look no further! These paints are water-based, non-toxic, and skin-friendly.
- For the classic “face crayon,” try this set by Painting Sticks. The fat crayons will give you great, thick eyebrows (for Bert and Ernie), mustaches (the Marx brothers), or even drawn-on glasses (Dwight Schrute).
- Kids will love the glittery makeup kits from Luna Star, which are customized to create various fairy (Disney-anything), queen (Alice in Wonderland) and rock star looks (Backstreet Boys, perhaps?)
After trick-or-treating is over, remove the makeup using warm water and/or coconut oil.
READ MORE: 3 Skull Makeup Looks to Try
Get Creative — and Save!
Don’t get hung up on feeling like you have to buy, rent or sew “official” sibling Halloween costumes. Get creative! Between Goodwill, Craigslist, Pinterest, craft stores, and costume warehouses, you can mix and match to create fun sibling Halloween costumes for your kids, without breaking the bank.
READ MORE: 5 Tips to Save Money this Summer
WANT TO READ MORE?
For more spooktacular inspiration, check out: 10 Adorable Costumes for Pre-Walkers, Unique Halloween Costumes for Siblings and 18 Halloween Costume Ideas Inspired by Favorite Books!
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @BestProductsClub